Friday, April 3, 2015

Love Spring!!

I love this time of year!!  Flowers are blooming and everything is turning green. The temperature is perfect with a nice cool breeze.  

This week I took a few days off to be with the kids for Spring break.  My dad surprised us by coming from Florida to visit.  I always look forward to him coming this time of year because we work in the yard and plant new flowers.  

The part I dread is pulling weeds and everything that is dead from the winter. But once all that is done my favorite part begins - planting all of the new stuff. 

This is my little garden in the front yard. When we first moved into our house this area was covered with huge bushes.  I thought flowers would look prettier so we had the bushes dug up and each year I plant new flowers. I'm excited to see a few of my gerber daisies are coming back. 

I also planted flowers in a couple of pots by the front door.  I love flower pots full of colorful flowers!


Something new this year is a rose bush by our mailbox.  According to the label the roses should be yellow when they bloom which I can't wait for!

Also, something new is a tree.  Well right now it's hard to tell its a tree because it's small but give it a few years and it will be bigger.  Eventually it will be a nice shade tree.

Whe we were busy planting things Ginger was on a leash in the yard.  I caught her digging a hole!  Im thinking another bath for her even though she got one last night.


I really enjoyed working outside today and making things look so pretty!!  Brayden did a good job of helping and watering everything when we were done!







No comments:

Post a Comment